City Beautiful - Nature Trek @ Sukhna Lake

City Beautiful - Nature Trek @ Sukhna Lake 

                                                    
                                                    ~ A Girl Capturing Souls And Smiles.

When I was a young girl, I used to rant about my city. Growing up, I realized ‘If I stop and look around, this city is pretty amazing and definitely beautiful, just as its name suggests. 
Being an introvert, I always had cold feet around the masses. So, when I was on my path to accepting my introvert nature, I figured out many opportunistic things about life. 

I am the one who’s still muddled about the things that I want to do in my life. Though, I have estimated a few things such as - 
  • I adore writing. 
  • I like photography. 
  • I love traveling. 
  • My city is beautiful.

After jotting down the above things, I made a mental note of utilizing all of them with the best of my abilities. 
So this weekend, I thought of making a blend of everything I love. I decided to explore the unseen places in Chandigarh and took along my camera to capture the beauty of my city. Being a local, I’ve always cribbed about the lack of places to visit in Chandigarh. So, my usual activity was to end up in Sukhna Lake which is the most cherished and visited place here. (Every Chandigarhian might know that!)
Capturing spontaneously, I made my way towards the end of Sukhna. Once and for all, I found a ‘Nature Trek’. I felt like a forest has been cleared out to make way for the people. I guess, initially, there was a forest with all the water on the sides, but later they might have converted it into a rough path for the tourists and the photographers to capture all the pretty birds. As soon as I entered the trek, I could see a rough patch of land surrounded by trees and water. A thrill of happiness ran down my spine when I heard the sound of the flowing water and the chirping of the melodious birds. To be honest, I was a bit scared initially, but when I started capturing all the pretty things around, I forgot the fear. I don’t know I love forests, but at the same time, they scare the hell out of me. The silence is nice but at times it’s spooky. Being born and brought up in the city, I have never ever experienced a mountain or a forest life, maybe that’s why I’m panic-stricken & thrilled at the same time when it comes to the silent forests. 
Sukhna is home to a large number of migratory birds. The Nature trek at the backside of Sukhna Lake had two sides. The straight path will take you to a diversion where you’ll have to choose your direction. However, I went on both directions. There’s water on both sides and a track in the middle. If you choose the left side, you’ll end up coming across so many migratory birds. When the left side comes to an end, there’s a person standing with a binocular and a telescope to help you see the birds who reside in the middle of the water. I used the binoculars and looked at the amazing water birds closely. On my way back, I wondered how these birds made a shelter for themselves in the middle of the water. When I moved forward towards the right side of the trek, I came across a deep forest side and monkeys on the tree. I was scared, so I hastily made my way towards the end. Right across the forest, there was a sitting place adjacent to the water around the trees. It seemed like a nice resting place to cherish the lake as well as the forest. 
When the cool breeze hits your bare face, everything feels rejuvenating.

I was on cloud nine after capturing all the photographs and spending ‘me-time’ in the Nature Trek.
Spending time with myself is one of the best experiences I’v ever had.

Reminders to myself 

  • My city has never failed to mesmerize me. Whenever I think I’m lost, I make a positive affirmation that ‘I’m exploring’
  • If I wait for someone to travel with me, I’m going to wait for a lifetime. 
  • Every Picture has a story.

I clicked a lot of photographs. Enjoy all the pictures that I clicked.

You can also check them out on my IG page - sakz_the_shutterbug

Till then, stay tuned!     
                      


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solo Travel And Photography

FORSAKEN, UNHAPPY AND UNLOVED

They Met In The Library